He lifted me out of the pit… out of the miry clay and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. -Psalm 40:2-3
Here at Eastwood Baptist Church, we love God, we love His Word, and we love people.
Our women’s ministry is all about relationships – building our relationship with God, building our relationships with one another, and building relationships with those who are still in need of Him. We want to help you discover all of who God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit want to be in your life so that you are so filled up it overflows on those around you. To that end, we offer several women’s Bible studies…
BIBLE STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30, Angela Shuler teaches a variety of studies geared specifically for women as a part of the church-wide SNL (Sunday Night Live) groups. In one session, we learned the spiritual discipline of journaling. In another, we did a detailed study on spiritual gifts. Class options change with each new round of SNL groups so be sure and pay attention to descriptions and information given about the classes being offered. You can call the church office at any time to find out what is currently being taught.
We also offer mid-week ladies’ Bible studies. A new study is offered in the spring, in the summer, and in the fall.
We have THREE wonderful Bible study opportunities this spring:
1) The Tuesday morning class led by Diane Stockton is doing a study by Elizabeth George over the book of Philippians entitled Experiencing God’s Peace beginning Tuesday January 10th. This class meets in D208 from 9:00-11:00.
2) The Tuesday evening class led by Angela Shuler is doing a detailed study of the book of Acts (with a brief look at Paul’s letters) beginning Tuesday, January 10th. This class meets in Big D from 6:30-8:30, child care provided.
3) The Wednesday morning class led by Angela Shuler is doing the study of the book of Acts (with a brief look at Paul’s letters) beginning Wednesday, January 11th. This class meets in D204 from 9:00-11:00, child care provided.
Beginning June 6th, we will do a study by Priscilla Shirer entitled The Armor of God. Class will meet on Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30 pm in Big D for 7 weeks. Childcare will be provided.
Ladies, we cannot stress enough how important it is for us to be in the Word of God daily. Truly, the Bible is THE Creator God speaking to each one of us individually exactly the words we need to hear! We know that everyone is busy… very busy!! But this is an opportunity to make God a priority in your life. He will bless the time you spend with Him and He will enable you to get done everything that needs to get done!
Here is how you sign up for any one of these studies…
(1) You may sign up at the Connection Center in the sanctuary or
(2) you may email Angela Shuler at email@example.com or
(3) you may text Angela at 469.964.6525.
And, please, if you have any questions or concerns, ask!!
AND we also host a variety of activities that range from silly and fun to a bit more serious…
2017 WOMEN’S MINISTRY CALENDAR OF EVENTS
February – Valentine’s Banquet
July – Mother/Daughter Tea
July/August – School Supplies Project
September – Ladies’ Fall Retreat
December – Annual Christmas Celebration