making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Here at Eastwood Baptist Church, we love God, we love His Word, and we love people.
Our women’s ministry is all about relationships – building our relationship with God, building our relationships with one another, and building relationships with those who are still in need of Him. We want to help you discover all of who God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit want to be in your life so that you are so filled up it overflows on those around you. To that end, we offer several women’s Bible studies…
BIBLE STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
On Sunday evenings from 6:00 – 7:30, Angela Shuler teaches a variety of studies geared specifically for women as a part of the church-wide SNL (Sunday Night Live) groups. In one session, we learned the spiritual discipline of journaling. In another, we did a detailed study on spiritual gifts. Class options change with each new round of SNL groups so be sure and pay attention to descriptions and information given about the classes being offered. You can call the church office at any time to find out what is currently being taught.
We also offer mid-week ladies’ Bible studies. In the Spring of 2016, we did an in-depth study over the Old Testament names of God. During the summer, we had a wonderfully encouraging time studying the book of Ephesians. We focused on what is our identity in Christ. At the end of each day’s homework, we were challenged to write “I am…” statements based upon the truth of the Word that day. Just recently, we completed a study over the book of Luke.
In the Spring of 2017, the Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning classes will continue studying the writings of Luke by studying the book of ACTS. In the book of Acts, when we come to the missionary journeys of Paul, we will also take a quick look at every letter written by Paul to the churches at the time when he wrote it. For example, in Acts 19, we read about Paul’s work in the city of Ephesus. While in Ephesus, he wrote letters to the church in Corinth. So, when we get to Acts 19, we will also take a quick look at 1 and 2 Corinthians to see what was on Paul’s heart and mind. By studying Luke, Acts, and the letters of Paul, we will gain a tremendous overview and understanding of a major portion of the New Testament!! Exciting!!
We will have THREE wonderful Bible study opportunities this spring:
1) The Tuesday morning class led by Diane Stockton will do a study by Elizabeth George over the book of Philippians entitled Experiencing God’s Peace beginning Tuesday January 10th. This class meets in D208 from 9:00-11:00.
2) The Tuesday evening class led by Angela Shuler will do a detailed study of the book of Acts (with a brief look at Paul’s letters) beginning Tuesday, January 10th. This class meets in Big D from 6:30-8:30, child care provided.
3) The Wednesday morning class led by Angela Shuler will do the study of the book of Acts (with a brief look at Paul’s letters) beginning Wednesday, January 11th. This class meets in D204 from 9:00-11:00, child care provided.
Ladies, we cannot stress enough how important it is for us to be in the Word of God daily. Truly, the Bible is THE Creator God speaking to each one of us individually exactly the words we need to hear! We know that everyone is busy… very busy!! But this is an opportunity to make God a priority in your life. He will bless the time you spend with Him and He will enable you to get done everything that needs to get done!
Here is how you sign up for any one of these studies…
(1) You may sign up at the Connection Center in the sanctuary or
(2) you may email Angela Shuler at email@example.com or
(3) you may text Angela at 469.964.6525.
And, please, if you have any questions or concerns, ask!!
AND we also host a variety of activities that range from silly and fun to a bit more serious…
Annual Valentines Banquet
July/August-School Supplies Project